Title: Secret Charlotte: A Guide to the Weird, Wonderful, and Obscure
Author: Sarah Crosland
Size: 6 x 9
Where in Charlotte can you…
- get up-close with the “Miracle on the Hudson” plane?
- indulge in conspiracy theories about occult symbols in public murals?
- see a giant head sculpture by a notorious Czech artist?
- eat something called burgushi?
- hear a parking garage that sings?
- watch a giant dragon blow smoke?
- visit the grave of cojoined twin sisters who were the inspiration for a Broadway musical?
Whether you’re riding at top speeds around the 24-degree bank of a NASCAR track turn, exploring the history of Charlotte’s gold rush and the 17-pound nugget that started it all, or eating ice cream at a Dairy Queen that’s a designated historic site, it’s impossible to be bored in the Queen City with a copy of Secret Charlotte: A Guide to the Weird, Wonderful, and Obscure. From delightful surprises to hair-raising theories, in these pages you’ll find answers to the questions around town you didn’t even know you had. Filled with fascinating—and often bizarre—stories about the locales that define Charlotte’s culture and history, this is the city’s ultimate scavenger hunt.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!